WORK WITH US
THE GIFT THEATRE GENERALS 2023
Getting to Know You (and your work!)
The Gift Theatre is excited to meet (or re-meet) actors working in Chicago. While we are casting for our mainstage productions of Mothers by Anna Ouyang Moench and The Rise and Fall of Little Voice by Jim Cartwright, we are also looking for artists to play with us for various readings for our In the Works series and other workshops that may come up throughout the year.
Even if we’ve seen your work, or worked with you, we also acknowledge that as humans and artists we have all evolved and learned so much in the last year or two, so think of this as an opportunity to introduce us to who you are today, in this moment.
We have completed our day of in person auditions however members of our artistic team are so excited to view your taped auditions. Due an overwhelming amount of requests we have extended the deadline for the tapes through April 15.
For in person or taped auditions (two unlisted YouTube videos) we are asking for:
1) A short intro stating:
– your preferred name
– pronouns (optional)
– whether you’re local to Chicago (or able to work locally)
– your favorite theater memory (this can be as an artist or an audience member) or simply anything you’d like us to know about you.
2) A side from one of the choices below: Because we are an ensemble, it is important to know how well you play with a scene partner. Please pick ONE side and ONE role from one of our previous productions below. You can choose to play any role that speaks to you – regardless of how others have cast you in the past…
– Wolf Play by Hansol Jung
– Pillowman by Martin McDonagh
– Mine by Laura Marks
– Grapes of Wrath by Frank Galati
**When taping, please make sure the camera picks up on your face and voice, and let your scene partner be off camera. We’ve also included full scripts. We ask that you do not share these scripts or sides beyond this audition.**
Please fill out this google form as well as email your updated headshot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The videos will only be viewed internally.
We’re so excited to see your work and to meet you for the first time or once again!
Emjoy Gavino, Casting Director & Co-Artistic Director & the rest of The Gift Theatre Artistic Team
DESIGNERS please contact Sarah Luse – email@example.com
PLAYWRIGHTS please contact Brittany Burch – firstname.lastname@example.org
MARKETING/DEVELOPMENT/ARTS ADMINISTRATORS please contact John Gawlik – email@example.com